Monday, August 25, 2008

Chocolate brownies

Chocolate brownie

This one's from the Guardian...

Jane Asher's American brownies

Makes 10

200ml vegetable oil
150g golden granulated sugar
100g dark brown soft sugar
2 tsps vanilla extract
3 medium eggs
60g cocoa powder
100g self-raising flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp sodium bicarbonate
100g chopped hazelnuts or walnuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to 180C (165C fan-assisted) 350F, gas mark 4. Prepare a 20 x 25 cm (or 23 cm square) baking tin. Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and beat well together. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on how chewy you like your brownies. Let the brownies cool in the tin, then turn out and decorate.

For my latest batch I replaced some of the hazelnuts with chopped up good-quality dark chocolate and some raisins.

0 comments:

my food photos

www.flickr.com

recent bookmarks

about this blog

I'm Tristan Ferne and I'm a coder/producer/manager and I run an R&D team for BBC Audio & Music Interactive - BBC Radio Labs. You can contact me at tristanferne at yahoo[dot]co[dot]uk

Why is it called cookin'/relaxin'? They're the titles of two of a series of Miles Davis albums which also describe some of my favourite things.

View my complete profile

other blogs

cookin'/relaxin' My main blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP