Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Amaretti biscuits

Amaretti biscuits for Christmas

Partly from Antonio Carluccio's A-Z of Italian Food and partly from other sources this recipe makes the soft-centered kind of almond Amaretti biscuits.

Makes 20-30

220g ground almonds
110g caster sugar
2 egg whites
Rind of 1/4 lemon
15ml Amaretto liqueur

Lightly beat the egg whites and carefully fold the sugar into them, then add the ground almonds, Amaretto and lemon rind (less if you want) and fold them in. Antonio says you should pipe the mixture onto a buttered baking tray, I just use a couple of teaspoons to make small mounds. Sprinkle them with some demerara sugar and place in a preheated oven at 190C and bake until just brown - about 15-20 minutes. Maybe for Christmas?

0 comments:

my food photos

www.flickr.com

recent bookmarks

about this blog

I'm Tristan Ferne and I'm a coder/producer/manager and I run an R&D team for BBC Audio & Music Interactive - BBC Radio Labs. You can contact me at tristanferne at yahoo[dot]co[dot]uk

Why is it called cookin'/relaxin'? They're the titles of two of a series of Miles Davis albums which also describe some of my favourite things.

View my complete profile

other blogs

cookin'/relaxin' My main blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP